Villa Rica Car Accident Lawyer
Villa Rica is a “city of gold” with popular attractions such as the Pine Mountain Gold Museum and Stockmar Gold Mine Historic Site. However, car accidents still happen in this community. When they do occur, they are often the result of someone’s negligence. The law in Georgia recognizes that victims shouldn’t have to pay for those injuries on their own. A personal injury lawyer in Villa Rica can help accident victims to pursue the compensation they deserve.
If you recently suffered injuries in a car crash in Villa Rica or a nearby community in Carroll or Douglas counties, our attorneys at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., want to help you. We have more than eight decades of combined legal experience, which means that we have the skills to pursue all compensation that you are entitled to receive. When insurance companies refuse to cooperate, we will also know how to effectively argue your case in front of a jury. To learn more, contact us today and receive a free consultation.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Villa Rica?
There are many important steps you can take after a car accident in Villa Rica. These steps will do more than ensure that you get the proper care you need after a crash. They will also protect any future car accident claim that you pursue. Those steps include:
- Seek medical treatment – Your health should be your most important priority after a car crash. However, it’s also important to seek medical attention to protect any future claim you may file. If you don’t see a doctor, the insurance company will likely argue that you are not as hurt as you claim or that your injuries did not result from the crash.
- Collect evidence – Evidence will be crucial for your case. It will help to substantiate your claim. Photos, medical documents, physical evidence from the scene, and anything else that can prove your claim will help.
- Get a copy of your crash report – You should be able to order a copy or your crash report from the law enforcement agency which came out to the scene of your accident. In the Villa Rica area, those agencies include the Villa Rica Police Department, Carroll County Sheriff’s Office or Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.
- Notify your insurer – Even if you were not at fault for the crash, your insurance company may cancel your policy if you fail to tell them about the accident.
- Don’t talk to the other driver’s insurer – The other driver’s insurance company will likely try to deny your claim so it does not have to pay you a settlement (or pay you as little as possible). For this reason, you should avoid talking with the insurer until you talk with your attorney at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., first. One of our lawyers will deal with the insurance company for you and handle every other aspect of your claim.
How Can Our Lawyers Help with Your Car Accident Claim?
If you are hurt in a car accident, we will meet with you free of charge to discuss your case and provide the legal guidance you need. Should you choose to work with us, we will conduct a full investigation as well as determine how much your claim is worth. Every detail of your case will receive our full and undivided attention. We will always keep you updated on the status of your claim.
Insurance companies don’t always offer a fair settlement amount. However, at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we will aggressively pursue the compensation that you need in order to recover from your crash-related injuries. If an insurer fails to offer a settlement that you wish to accept, we will be ready to take your case to trial and present your case to a jury.
Common Car Accident Cases
Car accidents happen for a number of reasons. Some of the most common types of car accident cases that our attorneys at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., handle for clients in Villa Rica, Georgia include:
- Distracted driving accidents – No one is allowed to hold a phone while driving in Georgia. Still, people often text, talk on the phone or browse e-mail while they are behind the wheel.
- Drunk driving accidents – Too often, people get behind the wheel after they have consumed alcohol or drugs. As a result, they can make careless and reckless decisions while driving that put themselves and others in danger.
- Fatigued driving accidents – Driving while fatigued is more dangerous than people think. It causes drivers to lose focus and the ability to concentrate. In some cases, they fall asleep at the wheel.
- Reckless driving accidents – Forms of reckless driving include swerving in and out of lanes too quickly, following other vehicles too closely, speeding, and passing on the wrong side.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist accidents – It can be frustrating to discover that the other driver involved in your crash has no insurance or has insurance that fails to fully cover all of your losses. In these situations, we can help with filing a claim with your own insurance company.
- Work-related accidents – If you were involved in a car accident while you were on the job, you may be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim as well as a third-party claim.
- Uber/Lyft accidents – Depending on the facts of your case, the ridesharing company’s insurance policy may cover your injuries and losses. Uber and Lyft, for instance, provide up to $1 million in coverage for those who get hurt when their drivers cause accidents while transporting passengers.
- Passenger injuries – As an injured passenger, you may be eligible to file a claim against the driver of your car, the driver of the other car involved in your crash or both.
- Bicyclist/pedestrian accidents – Unfortunately, too many drivers in Villa Rica don’t know how to share the road safely with people on foot or bicycles. Many of these accidents occur because drivers are distracted or fail to yield the right of way.
- Tractor-trailer accidents – Some of the worst crashes on Villa Rica’s roads involve commercial trucks. It is crucial to work with a lawyer who knows how to promptly investigate these cases and take on trucking companies and their insurers.
Types of Compensation for Car Accident Damages
As we have seen through the years at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., car accidents can cause a broad range of injuries. Some of the most common types of crash-related injuries that our clients suffer in Villa Rica crashes are:
- Neck injuries such as whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries such as concussions
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Back injuries (including herniated discs and spinal cord damage)
- Internal bleeding
- Hand and wrist injuries
For these injuries, accident victims deserve compensation, which may include:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Our attorneys will carefully review your case and determine the type of damages which may be available to you.
Our Villa Rica Car Accident Attorneys Are Here for You
If you have been hurt in a car accident, you will need the experience that our car accident attorneys in Villa Rica can offer. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we are passionate about helping injured individuals to pursue the compensation they deserve. Contact us today to get started with a free consultation.