Villa Rica Personal Injury Lawyer
Many people in Villa Rica who get hurt in accidents quickly discover how frustrating it can be to deal with insurance companies. It’s not as simple as just signing some forms and cashing a check. Insurance companies are becoming increasingly hostile and unwilling to negotiate with injury victims. Many times, insurance adjusters will undervalue a claim, deny liability, or even ignore legal requirements – all in the name of saving some money.
The experienced personal injury lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., are here to help. We take the guesswork and frustration out of the process of resolving an insurance claim by handling all of the investigation and day-to-day communications and negotiations. If necessary, we are prepared to take cases to court. To learn more about how we can help you with your personal injury case in Villa Rica, contact us today.
Our Villa Rica Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our Villa Rica injury lawyers can help with a wide range of cases – no matter the size or complexity. Of course, no two clients or cases are identical. This is why experience is so valuable. Our team has decades of collective legal experience, and we have been helping people throughout the region since 1992. Typical cases we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped and scooter crashes
- Trucking collisions
- Slip and fall injuries
- Defective medical devices
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Workers’ compensation benefits
- Wrongful death.
The best way to find out about your rights is to actually speak with an attorney. Our trained staff and skilled litigation attorneys are approachable and down to earth. We don’t charge for phone calls, and we are happy to explain things in a way that makes sense.
Common Types of Injuries in Villa Rica Accidents
Injuries are unique. People experience them differently. What is painful for one person may not be painful for someone else. Some people may have labor jobs that require physical effort that makes the pain worse. Other people may have office jobs that are less affected by the injury. Some people will have pre-existing medical conditions that can become aggravated in an accident. Meanwhile, other people may have perfect health prior to a collision or fall.
Some of the specific types of injuries that we tend to see more often than others among the clients we assist in Villa Rica, GA are:
- Whiplash injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Disc injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Head traumas
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Shoulder and wrist injuries
- Scarring and lacerations or wounds
- Cuts and bruises.
In limited cases, you may be able to collect compensation for things like emotional distress as well as compensation for the loss of a loved one. Wrongful death damages are available where a loved one has died from their injuries, and someone else is to blame. Likewise, parents, spouses and even children may have additional compensation available for certain types of cases where the injury directly impacts them.
Do You Need Help from a Villa Rica Personal Injury Attorney?
While most lawyers won’t tell you this, the fact is not all people really need a personal injury attorney to help with their case. In truly minor accidents where there is nothing more than some initial first aid, chances are that you will be OK to speak with an insurance company and resolve your own claim. However, if you have received any medical care beyond minor treatment, you probably should contact an attorney early on.
Here are some key reasons why you should get help from a personal injury lawyer in Villa Rica, Georgia after you have been seriously hurt in an accident of any kind:
- Medical bills – You don’t want to get stuck with expensive medical bills just because some other person’s insurance company doesn’t want to pay. If someone else is responsible for your injuries, then that person’s insurance should pay for your bills. An attorney from Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., can pursue the compensation that you deserve for your past and future medical treatment.
- Disputes about liability – When there is a battle over who caused an accident, you will definitely need an attorney. Naturally, you probably won’t know that there is going to be a battle at the time of the incident. In fact, some insurance companies will act as though they have accepted liability, even though they are still building a case against you. So, if you have any suspicion that there may be a dispute about who caused the crash, contact us.
- Complex medical care issues – Some people have a complicated medical past. They may have a number of pre-existing injuries and conditions such as prior fractures, disc or back injuries or chronic pain. These things can complicate a potential personal injury claim. An insurance company will often use these things as excuses to try to pay you less. A lawyer can be instrumental in helping you to resolve your claim in this situation.
- Peace of mind – Like anyone, you want to enjoy your family time and recover from your injuries without being bothered by insurance claims, adjusters, healthcare liens and collection companies. Working with Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., will take this pressure off and give you peace of mind.
How Can a Villa Rica Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
With decades of experience at your disposal, you can count on our skilled legal team at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., to work carefully to resolve your injury case and pursue maximum compensation for you. Here are a few of the ways we will help:
- Fast and detailed investigations – We may work with skilled private investigators and other experts to gather key evidence, interview witnesses and establish your case for damages.
- Skillful negotiations – Nothing beats having a skilled and trained negotiator on your side. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we will make sure the insurance company takes your case seriously.
- Fierce litigators – Sometimes, the only way to pursue the compensation which you deserve is to file a lawsuit and take your case to trial. Our team has the experience needed to move your case through the courts smoothly and efficiently and to vigorously fight for your rights in front of a jury.
- Loose ends – Many personal injury cases involve complicated loose ends. For instance, victims typically have liens, health care bills, government reimbursement claims and many other things to wrap up – even after a case finally settles. These can be devastating to your net recovery if not handled properly.
Get Help from Our Villa Rica Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you are hurt in a car accident or other type of accident in Villa Rica, GA, call Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. today. Our office accepts calls from injury victims throughout the region. We are happy to meet clients in and out of the office. We never charge upfront retainers or consultation fees. We assume all the risk, and we only accept a fee if we actually win your case or settle it. This gives you real peace of mind.
Georgia limits how long you can wait after an accident in order to seek payment of your claim. If you do not file suit within the applicable statute of limitations for your unique type of case, then you will forever lose your right to be compensated. Since facts can make a big difference in the amount of time you have, contact us today to speak with an attorney who will carefully review your case, let you know how long you have and discuss your options.