Personal Injury Lawyer in Carrollton. GA
Personal injuries can happen just about anywhere, including Carrollton. You may be eligible to recover compensation, however, if another person caused your injuries. From car accidents to falls, the skilled personal injury lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., are here to help. We have decades of experience with helping injured people throughout West Georgia. If you are injured and believe that someone else is to blame, contact our team to speak with an attorney about your case in a free consultation.
What Cases Do Our Carrollton Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., our attorneys handle a wide range of injury cases. Since 1992, the firm has helped injured people throughout Georgia to pursue full and fair compensation. Our attorneys have experience handling cases involving:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Trucking accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Professional negligence
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective products and medical devices.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? A lot of injury cases are unusual and unique. Some people get hurt by aggressive dogs, and some are struck by objects on construction sites. We have handled all sorts of claims, and there’s a good chance we have handled exactly the type of injury you are experiencing.
The main thing to remember is that in order to receive compensation, you must show that someone else is responsible for the harm. This is often referred to as liability. Proving liability is often far more complicated than it seems. The earlier you have an attorney involved, the better your chances of proving liability.
How Can Our Carrollton Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
Whether it’s a car accident, motorcycle crash or some other type of accident, you can count on our attorneys to quickly respond to your needs and advocate on your behalf. You may not know it yet, but big insurance companies use many different ways to try to take advantage of injured people in Carrollton and throughout Georgia. We can help by fighting for your interests and making sure you know your rights.
Consider the many other ways our office can make a big difference for you:
- Peace of mind – Perhaps the greatest advantage of having a Carrollton personal injury lawyer in your corner is knowing that someone will be there to protect your rights and interests. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we start by collecting all of the information we need, including the police report, photos and videos. We also interview witnesses and study medical records. Often, our team uses the services of trained private investigators to perform comprehensive on-site investigations and to track down missing people and evidence.
- Top negotiators – We prepare every case as if it is going to trial. Because of that high level of preparation, we enter settlement negotiations from a position of strength. We demand full and fair compensation for our clients, and we are ready to take our client’s case into the courtroom if that’s what it takes. At the same time, we fully advise our clients of any settlement offers which they receive. We always make their goals our top priority.
- Liens and medical bills – One challenging part of an injury claim is the process of working with health care providers to resolve debts and satisfy liens. A lien is a legal mechanism by which a health care provider can assert a right to be repaid out of your settlement or jury award. Without an attorney, these health care companies may try to take the lion’s share of your money. With the right attorney on your side, you may be able to pay less for care by negotiating balances and reducing the amount you must repay.
- Fighting to the end – Some cases cannot be resolved amicably through settlement negotiations. The insurance company may challenge liability, or it may contest the amount which you seek in damages. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., our attorneys have many years of real courtroom experience. We aren’t afraid to take on the biggest insurance companies.
What Damages Are Available in Carrollton Personal Injury Claims?
Most people know that they can seek compensation after an accident. However, they do not understand all the different types of things that are considered “damages.” The law allows you to seek compensation for any loss or harm that you suffer. These losses can take many forms. They include:
- Past medical expenses – Hospital bills, ambulance charges, chiropractors, physical therapists, surgical expenses, prescription medications and medical devices can all create enormous debt for a victim. If someone else caused these expenses, they should be held accountable for paying these costs.
- Future medical expenses – Some accident victims suffer permanent injury which requires a lifetime of treatment. They may need ongoing rehabilitation, therapy or surgeries later in life. In many situations, an injured person may be able to recover the cost of estimated future medical bills.
- Lost income – An accident can cause you to be out of work for a long period of time. An accident can also lead to a lot of physicians’ appointments and physical therapy visits, which can cost a victim dearly in terms of their monthly budget.
- Pain and suffering – The law allows an injured person to seek compensation for the physical agony and pain that is caused by an injury. While it is sometimes difficult to assess the precise monetary value of pain, this is just one of the many ways that an attorney at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., can help to value and build your case.
- Property damage – Insurance companies tend to resolve property damage claims far more quickly than bodily injury claims. Still, having an attorney can also help you to maximize the compensation that you receive for the repair or replacement of your car and reimbursement for other damaged personal property.
When it comes to get compensation in personal injury cases, insurance companies will look at a lot of different factors. For instance, the insurance company will consider your age, your prior medical conditions and the nature of the accident.
At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we know that ultimately, it’s up to a jury to decide what you are paid for your injury. For this reason, we work hard to carefully build the evidence and establish all the elements of your case so that a jury would be inclined to compensate you. The more likely a case would result in a substantial jury award, the more likely an insurance company will pay. So, having a skilled personal injury attorney is absolutely essential to maximizing your case’s value.
Our Carrolton Personal Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
If you or someone you care about has been injured by someone else’s negligence, be sure not to delay contacting an attorney. It can be difficult to think about the law and your rights when you are suffering. When you are out of work and dealing with the pain and frustration of an injury, it can also be tough to think about things like insurance and medical bills.
Allow the experienced personal injury attorneys of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., to handle your case for you. We have earned a reputation for being hard-working, honest and responsive. Contact us today and see why so many people throughout Carrollton and surrounding communities trust our personal injury law firm to assist them.