Carrollton Workers' Compensation Lawyer
The attorneys of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., protect the rights of the hard-working people of Carrollton and surrounding communities in northwest Georgia. If you get hurt on the job, we will help you to claim the workers’ compensation benefits that you deserve, including:
- Medical benefits
- Lost wage benefits
- Benefits for family members.
We bring more than 75 years of combined legal experience and a friendly, down-to-earth approach to the injured workers and families that we serve. To discuss how we can help you to pursue workers’ compensation benefits in the Carrollton area, call or reach us online. We can review your case in a free and confidential consultation.
How a Lawyer Can Help If You Get Hurt at Work in Carrollton?
Since we started our law firm, our goal at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., has been to provide each and every one of our clients with the quality personal service and skilled representation they deserve. If you suffered a workplace injury in Carrollton, you can count on our legal team to:
- Handle your case with skill and insight – This comes from having more than 75 years of combined legal experience.
- Take care of every aspect of your case – From getting your medical records to filing claims with your company’s workers’ compensation insurer or with the Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Keep your case moving forward – We will do our best to resolve any dispute over your workers’ compensation claim as quickly as possible while, at the same time, protecting your right to full and fair benefits.
- Explore all sources of compensation – You may be eligible to file a personal injury claim if a negligent “third party” caused your injuries.
- Keep you informed at every stage – We will take the time to get to know you, answer your questions and make sure you understand what’s happening in your case every step of the way.
Our work ethic and our commitment to our clients shine through in everything we do. Quality service is the cornerstone of our business at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. We are ready to go to work for you today if you are facing any problems with getting the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.
What Steps Should You Take If You Get Hurt on the Job in Carrollton?
If you get hurt at work in Carrollton, you can take many steps on your own that will protect your right to recover the benefits you deserve. The four most important steps are:
- Get medical attention – Don’t worry about anything at first except your health. Once you get emergency treatment for your injuries, we can help you to file for any medical benefits that you deserve.
- Report your injury – Under Georgia law, you must notify your employer within 30 days after your work injury occurs. You should give notice in writing and keep a copy. Give the notice to your boss or supervisor or to the appropriate person in your company’s human resources department.
- Gather all of your information – Collect and keep copies of all medical bills, work letters, insurance company letters, receipts of out-of-pocket expenses and everything else related to your case.
- Talk with an attorney – You can get in touch with a workers’ compensation lawyer at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., right away to discuss your case. We will listen to you and make sure that you understand your legal rights and options.
What Types of Workers’ Comp Benefits Can You Receive?
If you suffer an injury in a workplace accident in Carrollton, you could be eligible to recover workers’ compensation benefits that include:
- Medical – You may be entitled to lifetime medical benefits to cover the costs of treating the injury and preventing it from worsening. You can also be reimbursed for travel, medication and other treatment-related costs and expenses.
- Disability – If a doctor orders you to stay out of work or restricts your work duties due to your job-related injury, then you may be eligible to recover partial or total, temporary or permanent disability benefits. These benefits ultimately replace a portion of the wages that you may lose due to your disability – regardless of whether you can go back to work on a limited basis or cannot return to work at all.
- Death – Surviving family members of a person who died in a job-related accident may be eligible to receive death benefits as well as benefits that can cover up to $7,500 in funeral and burial expenses – funds which can help a family as it goes through a difficult time.
Generally, you must file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits in Georgia within one year from the date of your injury. However, that deadline can be extended in some circumstances such as where the employer or its workers’ compensation insurer paid for medical and/or disability benefits. The bottom line is that the clock may be ticking on your claim, so you should seek legal help without delay.
Our Carrollton Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Are Here for You.
At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we understand how people need workers’ compensation benefits the most right after they suffer an injury. It is during this time when workers need the most medical care and cannot work because of their injuries. We are here to help.
When you work with us, we may be able to get your employer to approve your medical treatment and begin making temporary disability payments right away. It will depend on the strength of your claim.
While you focus on your physical recovery, we will take care of all of the paperwork associated with your case and deal with the insurance company. If necessary, we will be prepared to fight for you in hearings. We know how important your case is to you. It will be important to us, too. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., your attorney works for you – not the other way around.
To discuss your workers’ compensation benefits case in Carrollton, call or reach us online today. Our initial consultations are always free and completely confidential.