Dallas, Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in an accident in Dallas, Georgia, and it was not your fault? Let the highly skilled and compassionate Georgia personal injury lawyers at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. fight for the compensation to cover all of your losses.
A personal injury claim arises when someone suffers an injury that was a direct result of the negligent actions or inactions of someone else. Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and pedestrian accidents are among the common types of personal injury cases that occur in Dallas, Georgia. If you have been injured in any type of accident that was due to another party’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation.
At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., our Dallas, Georgia personal injury lawyers have the skills, experience, and resources needed to handle complex personal injury matters, while giving your case the individualized attention it deserves.
Call now for a free initial consultation.
- 1 What should I do if I have suffered a personal injury?
- 2 How do I know if I have enough evidence for a case?
- 3 What is the time limit for filing a personal injury case in Dallas, Georgia?
- 4 What are the most common types of personal injuries?
- 5 What are the most common causes of personal injuries?
- 6 Who can be held liable in my personal injury case?
- 7 Contact a Dallas, GA Personal Injury Lawyer
What should I do if I have suffered a personal injury?
If you have been injured in an accident, it’s important to do as much of the following as you can:
- Report the accident to the police, and make sure a police report is filed.
- Get emergency medical attention.
- Take photos of the accident scene.
- Comply with all medical treatments prescribed by your doctor
- Get a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer to learn more about your legal options.
The most important thing you can do is to contact a Dallas, Georgia personal injury lawyer at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. We will take the burden off your shoulders as we handle all aspects of your personal injury claim. This will allow you to focus on your health and recovery.
How do I know if I have enough evidence for a case?
In a Georgia personal injury case, an experienced lawyer will know what types of evidence you need to file a claim. While it is good to take pictures and collect evidence from the scene of the accident, if you are physically able, most of the investigation and evidence gathering can be left to a skilled personal injury attorney. Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. can retain the services of accident reconstruction experts to assist in gathering and analyzing evidence if necessary.
What is the time limit for filing a personal injury case in Dallas, Georgia?
In Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. You must file a claim by the deadline, or you will lose your right to file a lawsuit for the accident, unless a very narrow exception applies.
What are the most common types of personal injuries?
Accidents can result in a wide array of personal injuries, ranging in severity from mild to fatal. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we handle cases for accident victims who suffered such injuries as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal trauma
- Leg and knee injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
What are the most common causes of personal injuries?
Common causes of personal injuries in Georgia include:
- Car accidents – If you have been injured in a car accident in Dallas, Georgia, you may be faced with piles of costly medical bills and car repairs – not to mention lost income. If you suffered serious injuries, you likely have a long road to recovery ahead. The experienced Georgia car accident attorneys at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. are ready to help. Allow us to put our knowledge, skills, and resources to work on your case.
- Truck accidents – If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident in Dallas, you need legal representation from an experienced Georgia truck accident attorney. If the accident was caused by another party’s fault, you could be entitled to compensation. Truck accidents are often the result of negligence or recklessness on the part of the truck driver, the trucking company, or another liable party. At Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., we understand the difficulties that truck accident victims face, and we will do everything we can to help.
- Motorcycle accidents – If someone else’s negligence or recklessness caused your motorcycle accident, you could be eligible to pursue legal action against the liable party. The Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. understand the devastation a motorcycle accident can have on you, and we want to make sure that you are taken care of.
- Bicycle accidents – If you were injured in a bicycle accident in Georgia that was caused by someone else, you may be entitled to compensation. Only a highly skilled personal injury lawyers can give you an idea of how much compensation you could be owed. Allow the Dallas, Georgia, bicycle accident lawyers at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. to assess how your bicycle accident has impacted you physically, mentally, and financially. We can then fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian accidents – Intersections, crosswalks, and parking lots are all common sites of pedestrian accidents in Dallas, Georgia. In many pedestrian accidents, negligence on the part of the driver is to blame. Pedestrian accidents can result in severe injuries and even death. If you have been injured as a pedestrian in Georgia, the personal injury lawyers at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. understand your concerns. Let us to get started on your case right away.
- Slip and fall accidents – If you have been injured after slipping and falling on someone else’s property in Dallas, Georgia, you could be entitled to compensation. Slip and fall accidents fall into an area of law called premises liability. The experienced Georgia premises liability lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. can determine if you have a viable case by looking at what caused you to slip and fall and whether the property owner or occupier should have had knowledge of the dangerous condition.
Who can be held liable in my personal injury case?
Who can be held liable depends on the type of personal injury and the particular facts and circumstances surrounding your case. In general, any party whose negligence and recklessness directly caused your injuries could be held liable. There could be more than one at-fault party in your case. Truck accidents, for example, often have multiple liable parties. An experienced Georgia personal injury attorney can help you identify all the liable parties.
Liable parties in a personal injury case may include, for example:
- Another driver
- Driver’s employer
- Maintenance company
- Vehicle owner
- Parts manufacturer
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Third-party inspector
- Local government
Contact a Dallas, GA Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury in an accident in Dallas, Georgia, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. as soon as possible. Our firm believes that you deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries. We are ready to help you regain financial stability, pay your medical bills, and get your life back on track.
Call now for a free and confidential consultation.