Motorcycle Safety & Potential Damages
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Douglasville
As any motorcyclist will tell you, riding a motorcycle is a lot of fun. However, it’s also considerably more dangerous than driving a typical passenger vehicle. Motorcyclists are not protected by seatbelts, airbags, windshields, and steel roofs, and even relatively small accidents can cause severe injuries. Still, every motorcyclist should expect to stay reasonably safe on the road as long he or she is cautious and obeys the rules. If a negligent driver causes you to suffer an injury, you should strongly consider hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer. Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. of Douglasville can help ensure that you receive fair compensation after a painful motorcycle accident.
Motorcycle Safety Considerations
Of course, it’s important to avoid getting into an accident in the first place. Here are a few important safety considerations for motorcyclists.
- Safety Equipment: A full motorcycle helmet is absolutely crucial to your safety. It’s also important to have sturdy boots, gloves, and leather or another strong material covering your legs, arms, and torso.
- Staying Alert: To a large extent, you’re responsible for your own safety. Don’t assume that cars can see you; instead, stay vigilant and give passenger cars plenty of space.
- Obeying Laws: Resist the urge to weave in and out of traffic during rush hour. It’s important to be patient, obey the speed limit, and avoid reckless driving.
Potential Damages from a Motorcycle Accident
Unfortunately, following all the necessary safety rules may not be enough to avoid an accident. If you get into an accident with a negligent driver, you may be able to hold that driver legally responsible for the following damages.
- Property Damage: Whoever is responsible for your motorcycle accident should also be responsible for damage to your property. You can expect to be reimbursed for repairs to your motorcycle or the cost of replacing it.
- Medical Bills: If you suffer a major injury, you may have to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help estimate the cost of your initial recovery, rehabilitation, and ongoing expenses so you receive fair compensation.
- Lost Wages: A serious injury could leave you unable to work, and thus unable to earn a steady paycheck. Filing a personal injury claim can help you receive compensation for lost wages and pain and suffering.
Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. has been helping motorcycle accident victims in Douglasville, and the surrounding areas receive ample compensation so they can get on with their lives. If you’re in need of a skilled motorcycle accident attorney in Douglasville, call (770) 872-4141.