Bremen Truck Accident Lawyer
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were nearly 500,000 accidents involving large trucks in one recent year. Truck crashes tend to be particularly devastating, killing thousands of Americans and injuring many more each year. Because of the size of trucks, a truck accident is far more likely to cause serious injuries and fatalities than a car accident.
If you have been injured in a Bremen Georgia truck accident, the Bremen personal injury lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., can help you recover compensation for your losses. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more.
- 1 How Our Bremen, GA Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You
- 2 Our Attorneys Understand How Complicated Georgia Truck Accident Cases Can Be
- 3 What Was the Cause of Your Bremen, GA Truck Accident?
- 4 Truck Accident FAQs
- 5 How long do I have to file a truck accident claim in Bremen?
- 6 What will Bremen truck accident lawyer do for me?
- 7 What compensation can I expect?
- 8 How much does it cost to hire a Bremen truck accident lawyer?
- 9 Contact Our GA Truck Accident Lawyers for Help with Your Case
How Our Bremen, GA Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You
The Georgia truck accident lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., can help your case by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident and all potentially liable parties
- Identifying and gathering strong evidence to support your claim
- Collecting medical records, property damage reports, and employment records to substantiate your losses
- Communicating with insurance providers and other parties on your behalf
- Negotiating for a full and fair settlement to compensate you for your losses
- Representing you in court, if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached
Our Attorneys Understand How Complicated Georgia Truck Accident Cases Can Be
Claims involving collisions with large commercial trucks are significantly more complicated than claims involving other types of motor vehicles. Truck accidents are more likely to cause serious injuries and even death. Resolving a truck accident claim can be difficult because:
- Large truck accidents tend to cause more damage, which means that repair and rehabilitation costs are much higher. At-fault parties have more incentive to reduce or deny the value of these more expensive claims.
- Truck accident claims tend to involve more potentially liable parties, including truck drivers, trucking companies, and cargo-loading teams. These parties may try to deny responsibility or blame each other to escape liability.
- Commercial trucks and drivers are subject to many rules and regulations that do not apply to most motorists, which can make liability more difficult to determine.
- Commercial trucking operations often have a fleet of lawyers and insurance agents who will immediately deploy to investigate the accident and work to minimize the company’s liability.
Our attorneys understand just how complicated these claims can be. We will use our unique insight and experience to capably guide you throughout the claims process and fight for your maximum compensation.
What Was the Cause of Your Bremen, GA Truck Accident?
Many truck accidents are caused by driver error. There are several other common causes of these preventable tragedies, including:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Inexperienced or untrained drivers
- Negligent truck maintenance or repair
- Improper cargo loading
- Defective parts
Truck Accident FAQs
Here are the most frequently asked questions we receive. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns about your Georgia truck accident case.
How long do I have to file a truck accident claim in Bremen?
Georgia state law imposes a two-year time limit on personal injury lawsuits filed in our state’s civil court system. This means that you have two years from the date of the truck accident to file a claim. If you wait to file your claim until after this deadline has expired, it will likely be dismissed by the court.
If you no longer have the ability to sue for compensation at trial, you will likely also lose your ability to recover money for your losses in a truck accident insurance claim. If insurance adjusters know that you have no chance at succeeding in court, they have no incentive to offer or negotiate a settlement.
There are some exceptions to this time limit, so contact an experienced Georgia truck accident lawyer if you are concerned that you might be running out of time to file your claim.
What will Bremen truck accident lawyer do for me?
A dedicated Bremen truck accident attorney will take care of all of the legal and administrative aspects of your case so you can focus on your health and recovery. Attorneys help injured clients understand their legal options. They provide them with professional advice based on years of experience. They act as their clients’ personal representatives throughout the insurance claim process, settlement negotiations, and at trial. A lawyer will make sure all of your claim paperwork is filed accurately and on time, so you experience fewer delays and promptly recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
What compensation can I expect?
There is no precise formula that can tell you exactly how much your tractor trailer accident claim is worth, but an experienced Georgia truck accident lawyer can help approximate the value of your claim by calculating the sum of the following:
- Any expenses you incurred for the medical treatment of your injuries
- Estimated potential costs of future medical care you may need
- The cost of any repairs needed to fix your vehicle or other property damaged in the accident
- The value of any income you lose as a result of being too hurt to work
- The estimated value of any future earnings you could lose if you are permanently disabled and unable to continue your current work
- The subjective cost of your pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- The subjective cost of any losses in quality of life that you experience
- The potential value of any punitive award that could be made by the court to punish egregiously negligent truck drivers
How much does it cost to hire a Bremen truck accident lawyer?
The truck accident lawyers of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., understand that many of our clients are in a tight financial position when they come to us. We are proud to offer our services on a contingency fee basis. This means that we charge absolutely no upfront fees when we agree to take on your case. You will only ever pay us a percentage of any monetary awards we win for you. The bottom line is: we don’t get paid until you do.
Contact Our GA Truck Accident Lawyers for Help with Your Case
The relentless Bremen attorneys of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C., have more than 75 years of combined legal experience helping accident victims just like you. We are standing by to take immediate action in your case. If you’ve been in a semi truck accident, contact us now so we can answer your most important truck accident questions in a free, confidential consultation. We can help you recover damages for your lost wages, medical bills, and even pain and suffering. Contact our law offices today.