Auto Accident Injuries in Douglasville
Our Car Accident Lawyers are On Your Side
You never expect to get into an auto accident when driving to work or taking your child to school. However, these are exactly the times when people get into car crashes. If you get into an auto accident and suffer an injury, it could seriously affect your life. Instead of shouldering the burden of your injuries yourself, consider holding the individual responsible for your injury to account. The Douglasville law firm of Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. will gladly represent your interests and ensure that you receive ample compensation for your damages. Our personal injury attorneys have over 75 years of combined experience.
Causes of Auto Accidents
Every year, there are an estimated 5.5 million auto accidents. Here are just a few of the most common causes of auto accidents in the United States.
- Driving Under the Influence: In 2012, nearly 350,000 people were killed in accidents involving intoxicated drivers. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 1.4 million drivers were arrested and charged with driving under the influence in 2010.
- Distracted Driving: Given the recent proliferation of hand-held devices, it should come as no surprise that distracted driving is the top cause of accidents in the U.S. 44 states (including Georgia) have banned text messaging while driving, and 14 states have banned all cell phone use while driving.
- Speeding/Recklessness: Drivers who speed have less time to react to unexpected hazards. If another driver’s speeding or recklessness has caused you to suffer an injury, consider hiring a personal injury attorney.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
More than 2 million people are injured in auto accidents every year. These injuries often result in exorbitant medical bills, lost wages, and other economic and non-economic damages.
- Whiplash: Whiplash refers to soft-tissue neck injuries that occur when the head is suddenly pitched backward or forward. These injuries aren’t always apparent immediately after an auto accident.
- Head Injuries: It’s common for auto accident victims to hit their heads on the steering wheel, dashboard, windshield, or side window. Traumatic brain injuries can have serious repercussions for years after the initial accident.
- Spinal Injuries: Spinal injuries may lead to temporary or permanent paralysis, which can profoundly affect any individual’s lifestyle and lead to years of steep medical bills.
If you suffer an injury at the expense of another’s recklessness, you shouldn’t have to pay one cent of the expenses associated with that injury. A Douglasville personal injury attorney from Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. can ensure that you receive compensation for your current and ongoing expenses. Call Sherrod & Bernard, P.C. at (770) 872-4141 to set up an appointment.