According to MADD and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the numbers associated with alcohol-related vehicle accidents are staggering:
· The rate of drunk driving is highest amount 21 to 25 year olds;
· Every day in America, 28 people die as a result of drunk driving wrecks;
· Almost every 90 seconds, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash;
· Alcohol-impaired car crashes cost more than an estimated $37 billion a year; and
· In 2012, more than 10,000 people died in alcohol-impaired driving accidents (one every 51 minutes).
If you are going to drink, our firm encourages: 1). Plan ahead for a designated driver who is alcohol free; 2). Drink responsibly and avoid over-indulging; 3). Know your own limits and avoid same; and 4). Give up your keys before you consume. The roads are very dangerous and even more so while impaired.